This board is comprised of distinguished industry experts within the fields of Finance, Business Law, Accounting, and Entrepreneurial Services. These individuals have over 200 years combined experience with reputations of the highest integrity. The Advisory Boards’ role is to guide and offer feedback in the following areas:
- Developing sustainable business practices & strategic alliances based in integrity for financial professionals
- Delivering the highest caliber of comprehensive planning services ~ Sounding board to deal with business, financial, & other operating issues. (Roundtable)
- Sharing input on the “hot” issues facing financial professionals today including but not limited to: wealth management & investment advisory services, succession planning, owner exit strategies, retirement and long term care concerns, sustainable investing, risk management & market diversification, and sustainable business growth & development
- Techniques for building camaraderie within businesses and organizations for the purpose of improving morale, developing better working environments, and helping employees become more productive while making a business more profitable.
Ron Bucchi, CPA
Certified Public Accountant
Ronald A. Bucchi is a self employed C.P.A. with a specialized practice that concentrates in CEO consulting, strategic planning, mergers, acquisitions, business sales and tax. He works with domestic and international companies. He is a graduate of the Harvard Business School Executive Education program with completed course studies in general board governance, audit and compensation. He is currently Treasurer and a member of the board of directors of the Petit Family Foundation, Inc. He has served on numerous other community boards and is past Chairman of the Wheeler Clinic and the Wheeler YMCA. He is a member of the Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the National Association of Corporate Directors.
As a certified public accountant, Mr. Bucchi provides the board of directors with significant experience regarding accounting matters.
Palmer & Dodge LLP
As Chief Legal Counsel, John is responsible for coordinating UEC legal work as it pertains to corporate governance, fund development, intellectual property issues and security and exchanges issues. UEC retains Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP (EAPD) for its legal work. John recently retired from EAPD, where he practiced tax law and was active in firm management. He founded the firm's Hartford Office in 1991 and has been active in the Hartford business community ever since.
Prior to moving to Hartford, John worked in the Providence Office of Edwards & Angell LLP. While in Rhode Island, he was counsel to the Rhode Island medical Society and a variety of physician practices. During his career he has been an advisor to many small businesses. John is a member of the Legal Advisory Board of the Small Business Council of America, a Washington D.C.-based lobbying group that seeks to protect the interests of small businesses.
John graduated from Yale University in 1966, earned his LL.B from the University of Virginia Law School and an LL.M in Taxation from Boston University School of Law. He is active in Yale alumni affairs and on the boards of two other non-profit organizations. He has authored numerous articles and made frequent presentations on tax and employee benefit topics.
Henry P. Zewald, CPA
Quantum Financial Partners
My financial services experience, skills, passion and track record spans more than twenty-three years.
- Institutional Business Consultant to large financial services organizations, independent broker/dealers, financial advisors and the accounting industry. Expertise: Professional Alliance Coach, Systems Development and Process Documentation (TKS). Goal: Practice enhancement, business development and product sales.
- Managing Principal. Formerly with Nationwide Financial Network, an office of financial advisors and insurance agents. Wide range of practical experience in: Recruiting, training, coaching, managing, mentoring, business development (Sales) and business operations.
- Financial Services Professional provided financial planning, investment advice, asset management services and insurance strategies to individuals, families and business owners. Focused on: Helping people make more informed decisions about their financial future.
- Certified Public Accountant. Formerly with KPMG Peat Marwick, an international big 4 accounting firm, specializing in: taxation, auditing and small business consulting.
Following licenses and registrations (held/hold): Certified Public Accountant (“Non-Active” status) 1987 –Current • Series 4 (Options Principal): 1992-2010 • Series 7 (Registered/General Securities Rep): 1992-2010 • Series 24 (General Securities Principal): 1992-2010 • Series 63 (Uniform State Law): 1992-2010 • Series 65 (Registered Investment Advisor): 1997-2010 • Life and Health License: 1997-Current
I graduated from the University of Portland in 1982, with a triple major (Accounting, Marketing and Management).I also earned a four year baseball scholarship and was team captain in 1981 and 1982. I currently reside in Portland, Oregon with my lovely wife Kim and two beautiful and talented daughters Kendall and Kaily.
Business Development Officer
Jeff has been in the financial service industry for 21 years and has served as a regional vice president for companies like Wood Logan (now known as John Hancock), Putnam Investments, MetLife Investors and Curian Capital. As the Business Development Officer in New England for Assetmark, Jeff consults with advisors to identify how AssetMark can help them become more efficient and profitable. The consulting model includes everything from updates on regulatory changes to insight into strategic, tactical and alternative investment strategies, as well as delivering coaching services to advisors who want to work with wealthier clients. Given the challenges of rising interest rates, potential inflation, stock market volatility and geopolitical risks, Jeff offers advice on how to directly address each of these challenges using the intelligent combination of both traditional and nontraditional investment strategies available through Assetmark. As a business development officer, Jeff focuses on training successful financial advisors how to replicate the services that are often reserved for the wealthiest investors: the family office. Although this service is generally reserved for investors with in excess of $100 million, Jeff has helped over a several dozen virtual family office replicas to flourish by replicating these services for the $1-20 million investor.
Jeff Mount resides in Fairfield, CT where he lives with wife Wendy and their three children Phoebe, Charlie, and Skylar. Jeff’s personal interests are fly fishing, golf, tennis and kayaking.